view all |
PENINSULA VILLAGE COUNCIL
June Peninsula Village Council Meeting Items of Note:
The Union Cemetery budget continues to be a hot item, with Trustees Anderson and Bergdorf being present for Citizens Participation. There will be a Special Meeting on Wednesday, June 20 for further discussion of the Cemetery Budget and funding.
Discussion about Boston Run continues. The Players Barn Committee, represented by Wendy Anderson, reported they are seeking 501(c)3 status and are looking into grants from the Green Foundation for restoration work. Mayor Kaplan indicated the Park has expressed its interest in the Barn as well, but no formal offer has been made.
Clerk Burda requested the Council meet on Saturday June 16 to discuss the budget issues. Council authorized the Clerk and Mayor to discuss the Ohio Edison street lighting contract.
The proposed Police Contract with Boston Township was accepted by the council and will be officially presented to the Boston Twp. Trustees.
The Planning Commission will meet more frequently to work on the Zoning Ordinance.
The Summit County Board of Elections will hold Open Voter Registration at the Village Hall on August 8, 11 and 13th from 11 am until 7 pm.
Village Hall hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm daily except holidays and weekends.
- Regular Planning Commission: July 5, 2007 - 7:00 pm – Note change of day!
- Regular Council Meeting: July 9, 2007 - 7:00 pm
- Regular Board of Zoning Appeals: July 12, 2007 - 7:00 pm
- Check the Library, Post Office, Village Hall, Terry Lumber or Quarry for other meetings and postings.
- 330-657-2151 – Mayor and administration
- 330-657-2714 – Clerk Treasurer and Zoning Inspector
- 330-657-2089 – Service Department
- 330-657-2995 – Police Department
- 330-657-2911 – Non-Emergency Police and Fire Dispatch
Pam Burda, Clerk-Treasurer