view all |
PENINSULA VILLAGE COUNCIL
July Peninsula Village Council Meeting Items of Note:
Mayor Kaplan opened the meeting with a moment of silence in memory of Bob Bishop, who passed away July 2. He served our Village for many years, as Clerk for 28 of them, then as a member of Planning Commission.
Village Council voted to request the Summit Co. Budget Commission to add an additional one half mill of the Village’s inside millage to The Union Cemetery budget for 2008. The Commission meets in September.
The Council voted to renew the village employee health insurance without changes. Although it represents an increase in the cost per person, there are other factors which will reduce the expense currently. None of the employees have received wage increases this year.
The Planning Commission sent Council amendments to the Zoning Ordinance. There will be a Public Hearing on August 13, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. Copies of the proposed amendments are available at the Village Hall Clerk Treasurer’s Office.
Open Voter Registration at the Village Hall has been cancelled.
Regretfully, Ralph Reinhart and Walt Herip have resigned as Street Commissioner and member of the Planning Commission respectively. They have both given valued voluntary service to the village, and their wisdom will be missed.
Due to the budget constraints right now, the chipping and brush pickup will be suspended until further notice.
Check the Library, Post Office, Village Hall, Terry Lumber or Quarry for other meetings and postings.
- Regular Planning Commission: August 1, 2007 - 7:00 pm
- Public Hearing on Zoning Ordinance Amendment: August 13, 2007 - 7:00 pm
- Regular Council Meeting: Immediately follow public hearing
- Regular Board of Zoning Appeals: August 9, 2007 - 7:00 pm
Village Hall hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm daily except holidays and weekends.
- 330-657-2151 – Mayor and administration
- 330-657-2714 – Clerk Treasurer and Zoning Inspector
- 330-657-2089 – Service Department
- 330-657-2995 – Police Department
- 330-657-2911 – Non-Emergency Police and Fire Dispatch
Pam Burda, Clerk-Treasurer