view all |
November Peninsula Village Council Meeting Items of Note:
The Fence, long awaited, is finally here. It will be installed soon in front of the Ritch property on Main Street. Thank you again, to all the generous villagers who donated money to make it possible.
Mr. Hunker introduced legislation to decrease the tax credit village residents who work outside the village currently receive. It would result in approximately an additional $25,000 in additional revenue to the village. It would cost a resident who earned $50,000 outside the village an additional $125 per year. Mayor Kaplan stated his objection to an increase in 2007 taxes. Council took no further action on the matter.
Mr. Anderson congratulated the newly elected officials who will take office in January. He also thanked Mayor Kaplan and Council members Pedone and Miller for their many years of service to the village.
Additional funds were appropriated for the police department for the rest of 2007. Council approved extending the garbage contract with Republic Waste for an additional year.
On a personal note, I would like to say Thank You to Mike Kaplan, Jay Pedone and Grover Miller for their many years of service to this village. Not only did they have a commitment to the community, but they each contributed to making my job as Clerk Treasurer a little more enjoyable with a telephone call or by stopping in for a chat. If you see them around town, be sure to shake their hand and say thank you.
Village Hall hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm daily except holidays and weekends.
- Special Planning Commission: Nov. 28, 2007 at 7:00 pm
- Planning Commission: December 5, 2007 at 7:00 pm
- Council Meeting: December 10, 2007 at 7:00 pm
- Board of Zoning Appeals: December 13, 2007 at 7:00 pm
- 330-657-2151 – Mayor and administration
- 330-657-2714 – Clerk Treasurer and Zoning Inspector
- 330-657-2089 – Service Department
- 330-657-2995 – Police Department
- 330-657-2911 – Non-Emergency Police and Fire Dispatch
Pamela S. Burda, Clerk Treasurer