view all |
PENINSULA VILLAGE COUNCIL
Peninsula Village Council April 2008
THANK YOU! To Chana & Lee Spencer on Main Street who have been helping us at the Village Hall. Speaking of helping out, the planters at the village hall will need to be filled again soon! Nancy, Bob Hunker and I will be working on them in May, getting ready for the summer months. If you have any left over annuals, we’d be happy to display them.
Village Council has ordered two new police cruisers, which are expected to arrive in early May. Officer Nicodemous will be back on patrol this year – look for him as the weather warms up.
There was much discussion about the Zoning Ordinance at this month’s meeting. I urge residents to become informed and attend Planning Commission and Council meetings. There will be a Public Hearing on the Zoning Ordinance on June 9 at 6:30; one item will be the lot size change from 4 to 2 acres. The other matter will be changes to Section 2.03 of the 2005 Zoning Ordinance.
The Player’s Barn is also under much discussion, with Bob Hunker and Jodi Padrutt looking into funding for bringing water and services to the property.
The Boston Township Trustees have been invited to attend a joint meeting on May 12th at 7:00 pm.
- Regular Planning Commission – May 6, 2008 - 7:00 pm
- Regular Council Meeting – May 12, 2008 - 7:00 pm (tentative joint meeting with Boston Township Trustees first)
- Board of Zoning Appeals – May 8, 2008 - 7:00 pm
- Public Hearing on Zoning Ordinance Change –June 9, 2008 – 6:30 pm
Village Hall hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm daily except holidays and weekends.
- 330-657-2151 – Mayor and administration
- 330-657-2714 – Clerk Treasurer and Zoning Inspector
- 330-657-2089 – Service Department
- 330-657-2995 – Police Department
- 330-657-2911 – Non-Emergency Police and Fire Dispatch
Pamela S. Burda, Clerk Treasurer