view all |
PENINSULA VILLAGE COUNCIL
September 2008. Village Council passed a resolution supporting and endorsing the Peninsula Library Foundation Endowment Campaign.
John Debo, Superintendent of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park was present and discussed the conservation easement with Brandywine Country Club. In short, the Park would be purchasing the future development rights of the property and ensuring that although the property could be bought and sold, it could never be operated as anything other than a golf course. At this time, C.V.N.P. is still negotiating with the owner of Brandywine Country Club on the easement.
Council passed a resolution to move funds for repair work necessary on the two mowers and the big plow truck.
The two new police cars are on the road! Thank you to Officer Westfall for his work getting them road ready.
Mr. Hunker has completed the applications to Ohio & Erie Canal Association for grant funding to do work on the village hall and the Players Barn. He has also applied to the Ohio E.P.A. for a Targeted Brownfield Assessment on the Players Barn.
Mayor Fisher reminds everyone that Absentee Voting has changed this year – In person voting beginning September 30 is at The Job Center at 1040 Tallmadge Avenue. There will NOT be absentee voting in person at the Board of Elections. The Board of Elections telephone number is 330-643-5200 or online at www.summitcountyboe.com. If you have not yet registered to vote, forms are available at the Village Hall.
A reminder to anyone who would like to receive the agendas and or minutes of meetings: please email me with your request, and I will add you to the list. firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Planning Commission – October 7, 2008 - 7:00pm
- Council Meeting – October 13, 2008 - 7:00pm
- Board of Zoning Appeals – October 8, 2008 - 7:00pm
- Check the Library, Post Office, Village Hall, or Terry Lumber for other meetings and postings.
Village Hall hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm daily except holidays and weekends.
- 330-657-2151 – Mayor and administration
- 330-657-2714 – Clerk Treasurer and Zoning Inspector
- 330-657-2089 – Service Department
- 330-657-2995 – Police Department
- 330-657-2911 – Non-Emergency Police and Fire Dispatch
Pamela S. Burda, Clerk Treasurer